Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! This blog is as much of an experiment for me as attempting a natural childbirth is. I'll be posting reviews on books I read, experiences I have while attempting to green our lives a bit more, and sometimes, general nonsense I come up with! Please feel free to comment and share information!

I look forward to hopefully making it through this experience with my own interesting story about giving birth naturally!

6.07.2010

How to Say 'No'

I don't get many comments on my blogs... but a did get a couple on my blog about taking back control of my life. 

Aside from saying, no, I also signed up for Upliv. It is a medication free program from Johnson & Johnson to help reduce stress in women. You have to subscribe and it is a monthly fee, but you can cancel at any time. I kind of figured even if money is one of the things causing a ton of stress in my life, $40/month wasn't so bad if it really worked and would help reduce my stress level. 

Anyway, I just signed up, so I checked out my first session today and the article was so closely related to my blog last week about saying no, I had to post it here for other to read. 

So, even though I managed to say No to several things last week... it wasn't easy and I actually needed other people's help in doing so and still felt guilty over doing it. I was happy to read this article which really outlined the difference between saying no for your own mental health, even if it inconveniences the requester, and being a jerk about it:)

So, if you feel like you need to start saying "No" more often, but are unsure about the first steps to take, here is a nice little article that kind of lets you know it is OK to do so... and some effective ways of saying "No" without ruining a friendship or business relationship. 

Assertiveness and Interpersonal Boundaries in Stress Reduction

No comments: