Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! This blog is as much of an experiment for me as attempting a natural childbirth is. I'll be posting reviews on books I read, experiences I have while attempting to green our lives a bit more, and sometimes, general nonsense I come up with! Please feel free to comment and share information!

I look forward to hopefully making it through this experience with my own interesting story about giving birth naturally!

6.25.2010

My Review of Odor Remover

Originally submitted at Diapers.com

bumGenius Odor Remover

 

bumGenius odor remover quickly eliminates the source of odor-causing bacteria in cloth diapers. It is non-toxic, biodegradable and is completely free of chemicals, oils, detergents, perfumes and solvents. Use instead of deodorizing dis...


Ridiculous price, great product

By New to Cloth from NY,NY on 6/25/2010

 

4out of 5

Pros: Easy to Use, Efficient

Best Uses: Diapers and diaper pail

Describe Yourself: Meticulous Cleaner

I would give this diaper odor spray 5 stars if it weren't so expensive for something that gets used up very quickly. For people who still have smells, I think this is designed to be used on wet and dirty diapers... not as a way to clean the smell OUT of them. I spray this on my sons organic cotton diapers, and the wet covers, before putting them in my diaper laundry bag. It helps to cut down on the smell while they are waiting to be laundered and I know will help avoid bacteria growth. Diapers should ALWAYS be washed on hot cycle to kill the bacteria that create smell. if you have stinky diapers after washing, lay them out in the sun!
They need to have a less expensive refill for this because having to buy these tiny bottles and them trash them (recycle them) after a couple of weeks isn't exactly very environmentally friendly...and the price isn't wallet friendly. Otherwise, really works great!

(legalese)

No comments: